Automobiles burn gasoline for energy. Humans burn sugars. And like a car with a poor combustion mixture (too much fuel/not enough air) problems inevitably result with the motor, and eventually there is a loss of horsepower. Scientists are now beginning to understand the elegant feedback mechanisms that our bodies use to perform this tricky balancing act. Much of the responsibility lies with a powerful molecule known as AMPK. It's so important, it has been given the nickname the fuel gauge of the cell. Just like the fuel gauge of a car, AMPK monitors and helps control the amount of energy available to drive the cell's metabolism. Thus, maintaining healthy AMPK function is essential to having a well-tuned metabolism.
Utilizing cutting-edge insight into molecular biology, Dr. Peter D'Adamo formulated El Dorado, a unique formula designed to support the healthy function of AMPK. He has found that patients on the El Dorado protocol show healthy blood sugar regulation, an increase in muscle mass, normalized cellular energy production, and a metabolism working at optimal levels, especially when combined with proper diet and exercise. Maintaining healthy function of AMPK also improves many of the cellular systems involved in waste removal. This has important significance with regard to anti-aging, as the accumulation of cellular waste products is a well-recognized sign of the aging process. Almost every bit of research on anti-aging strategies, from calorie restriction to exercise, finds its basis in its ability to enhance these two important functions.
The unique formulation of El Dorado features:
- Guaraná Seed: Guaraná is a climbing plant in the maple family, native to the Amazon basin and especially common in Brazil. Guaraná is reputed to be a stimulant and increase mental alertness, fight fatigue, and increase stamina and physical endurance.
- Berberine HCl: Berberine is a common constituent of many traditional herbal medicines. There are extensive medical studies on berberine's ability to help maintain healthy blood sugar regulation.
- Coptis chinensis: Coptis is a traditional Chinese herb that is a source of berberine, but also possesses synergistic ingredients that can only be provided by using the whole plant.
- White Willow Bark: Willow bark is the bark from several varieties of the willow tree. Willow bark has a long historical usage for its ability to help control temporary soreness and achiness.
- Coleus forskohlii root: Coleus has been well studied for its ability to enhance critical elements involved in cellular energy production.
- Gynostemma pentaphyllum: Gynostema or 'Jiaogulan' is an adaptogenic herb. An adaptogen is a substance that brings the whole body back into balance. It also has been shown to increase strength and stamina and protects the body and mind against stress, either mental or physical.
- Coenzyme Q10: Coenzyme Q10, also known as CoQ10, is a vitamin-like chemical that is found in practically all the cells in our body, especially in the heart. It has antioxidant properties and the body uses it the generate ATP, a storage form of energy.
If you are struggling with a sluggish metabolism, El Dorado may be the answer.
60 vegetarian capsules
Suggested Use: 1 capsule, 2 times daily between meals
Is this Product Vegetarian? Yes